Guided Silent Retreat Sept 2019
With Miriam Rodgers and David Seybert
September 26 - 29, 2019
The Guided Silent Retreat is suitable for both beginning and experienced meditators. It is based on the universal, non-sectarian teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the spiritual classic “Autobiography of a Yogi”.
Silence is recognized by many of the world’s spiritual traditions as a powerful tool to help you attain and maintain peace and happiness in the midst of your hectic daily life.
Peace is a palpable energy, making it possible to experience the joy within our beings. These retreats are designed to introduce you to a deep experience of inner peace.
Elements of the Guided Silent Retreat include:
- Learning a simple but profound technique of meditation
- Group meditations to support your individual practice
- Gentle Ananda Yoga® to release tension, raise your energy and lift your consciousness
- Kirtan (devotional chanting) to calm your mind and open your heart
- Qigong (chi kung) to stimulate and balance your life energy
- Personal time for reading, contemplation and journaling
- Practicing mindfulness in action – eating, walking, self-care
- Nourishing vegetarian meals
- Optional massage and spiritual counseling available by appointment
Peace is the first sensation to greet you when you arrive at Ananda Laurelwood. Our spacious and beautiful campus is the perfect place to unplug from your everyday concerns and recharge your spirit.
If you would like a longer stay, there’s a place on the registration form to come early or stay afterwards for an extended individual retreat.
Room check-in (3:30 -6:00 pm)
Ananda Yoga (begins at 4:30 pm)
Evening meal together
Initial Gathering with guided meditation
Days 2 & 3
Walking meditation morning and afternoon
Group meditation morning, afternoon and evening
Meals in silence
Ananda Yoga & Qigong
Morning group meditation
Breakfast in silence
Group sharing & integration process
Lunch and departure
Miriam is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) with Yoga Alliance and is a certified Ananda Yoga teacher. Miriam has been a part of Ananda Worldwide for over 20 years and has served on three continents: US, Italy, and India, teaching meditation and helping establish spiritual communities. She was the nurse…
Learn more about Miriam Rodgers
David is a certified Ananda Meditation teacher, spiritual counselor and Ananda Yoga (RYT200) teacher. David also teaches tai chi and qigong, and recently completed a week-long, silent retreat immersed in Buddhist vipashyana (mindfulness) practices, guided by a traditionally-trained Tibetan lama. David has been on a spiritual path since several awakening…
Learn more about David Seybert