First Timers Weekend Meditation Retreat – Sept 2018
With David Seybert and Miriam Rodgers
September 21 - 23, 2018
Yoga, Meditation and Community
Experience a relaxing retreat with guided meditation and yoga, explore spiritual principles and feel the joy of community while surrounded in the beauty and peace of our rural retreat center west of Portland, Oregon. First Timers’ Weekend is the perfect time to experience a little of everything Ananda offers for a discounted price.
Retreat weekend includes:
- Introduction to Ananda Yoga, suitable for all bodies and abilities
- Instruction in effective and practical meditation techniques to expand your consciousness
- Exploration of universal spiritual principles that can improve every aspect of your life and the concept of Self Realization as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Introduction to the Energization Exercises and Walking Mindfulness Meditation which bring increased energy and vitality
- An evening of River of Peace, an experiential guided flow through each energy center (chakra) using asana, sound, color, ending with deep relaxation and meditation
- Restorative Yoga
- Personal retreat time
- An experience of a dynamic spiritual community where every day is a joyful adventure
- “Satsanga” – fellowship with truth seekers who are committed to living with higher consciousness and expanded awareness
*To register for the Saturday only portion of the program, please click here.
Experience in-depth instruction in meditation, and guided yoga postures. Morning and afternoon yoga and meditation are offered daily in addition to sessions of instruction and discussion. Explore spiritual principles that can help you improve your quality of life. Enjoy a tour of Ananda Laurelwood, sing and play along with a joyful community kirtan, get to know residents and the uplifting music and stories of Ananda.
Our teachers have devoted their lives to life-transforming meditation and yogic principles and will guide you from their own love of the practice and of people.
Vegetarian Retreat Center
Your weekend also includes delicious vegetarian meals, the beautiful, natural surroundings of Laurelwood valley, a boutique with unique gift items and personal support and attention to insure your weekend is enriching and rejuvenating. Relax in our simple yet uplifting guest rooms. Each room includes a personal sink; bathrooms with showers are just down the hall.
Internships or Extended Stays
Are you interested in experiencing spiritual living and community for a longer time? Consider our internship program; it starts each month with First Timers’ Weekend.
David is a certified Ananda Meditation teacher, spiritual counselor and Ananda Yoga (RYT200) teacher. David also teaches tai chi and qigong, and recently completed a week-long, silent retreat immersed in Buddhist vipashyana (mindfulness) practices, guided by a traditionally-trained Tibetan lama. David has been on a spiritual path since several awakening…
Learn more about David Seybert
Miriam is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) with Yoga Alliance and is a certified Ananda Yoga teacher. Miriam has been a part of Ananda Worldwide for over 20 years and has served on three continents: US, Italy, and India, teaching meditation and helping establish spiritual communities. She was the nurse…
Learn more about Miriam Rodgers