The Guided Silent Retreat is suitable for both beginning and experienced meditators. It is based on the universal, non-sectarian teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the spiritual classic Autobiography of a Yogi.
Upcoming Silent Retreats
|October 25 - 28, 2018||Guided Silent Retreat Sept 2018||View Details||Register Now|
|December 6 - 9, 2018||Guided Silent Retreat Dec 2018||View Details||Register Now|
|January 31 - February 3, 2019||Guided Silent Retreat Jan 2019||View Details||Register Now|
|March 28 - 31, 2019||Guided Silent Retreat Mar 2019||View Details||Register Now|
|July 11 - 14, 2019||Guided Silent Retreat July 2019||View Details||Register Now|
|September 26 - 29, 2019||Guided Silent Retreat Sept 2019||View Details||Register Now|
|December 5 - 8, 2019||Guided Silent Retreat Dec 2019||View Details||Register Now|
Elements of the Guided Silent Retreat include:
- Learning a simple but profound technique of meditation
- Group meditations to support your individual practice
- Gentle Ananda Yoga® to release tension, raise your energy and lift your consciousness
- Kirtan (devotional chanting) to calm your mind and open your heart
- Qigong (chi kung) to stimulate and balance your life energy
- Personal time for reading, contemplation and journaling
- Practicing mindfulness in action – eating, walking, self-care
- Nourishing vegetarian meals
- Optional massage and spiritual counseling available by appointment
Peace is the first sensation to greet you when you arrive at Ananda Laurelwood. Our spacious and beautiful campus is the perfect place to unplug from your everyday concerns and recharge your spirit.
If you would like a longer stay, there’s a place on the registration form to come early or stay afterwards for an extended individual retreat.
Stilling the waves…