The 3-day Guided Silent Retreat is suitable for both beginning and experienced meditators. The methods and pattern of meditation practice are drawn from the vipassana tradition and the “eight-fold” path of yoga from Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. The sessions unfold at a gentle, progressive pace with opportunities to rest and reset within a longer, deeper rhythm than is normally available to us in our personal practice.
Silence is recognized by many of the world’s spiritual traditions as a powerful antidote to the mental agitation and stress resulting from the demands of our everyday life.
Upcoming Silent Retreats
|October 25 - 28, 2018||Guided Silent Retreat Oct 2018||View Details||Register Now|
|January 31 - February 3, 2019||Guided Silent Retreat Jan 2019||View Details||Register Now|
|March 28 - 31, 2019||Guided Silent Retreat Mar 2019||View Details||Register Now|
|July 11 - 14, 2019||Guided Silent Retreat July 2019||View Details||Register Now|
|September 26 - 29, 2019||Guided Silent Retreat Sept 2019||View Details||Register Now|
|December 5 - 8, 2019||Guided Silent Retreat Dec 2019||View Details||Register Now|
Elements of the Guided Silent Retreat include:
- Instruction in simple, universal techniques of meditation
- Guided group meditations to support your individual practice
- Gentle Ananda Yoga® to release tension, raise your energy and lift your consciousness
- Qigong (chi kung) – mindful movement to stimulate and balance your life energy
- Dharma talks
- Counseling sessions available upon request
- Personal time for reading, contemplation and journaling
- Practicing mindfulness in action – eating, walking, self-care
- Nourishing vegetarian meals
Peace is the first sensation to greet you when you arrive at Ananda Laurelwood. Our spacious and beautiful campus is the perfect place to unplug from your everyday concerns and recharge your spirit.
If you would like a longer stay, there’s a place on the registration form to come early or stay afterwards for an extended individual retreat.
Stilling the waves…