Yoga, Meditation and Community
Experience a relaxing retreat with guided meditation, explore spiritual principles and feel the joy of community while surrounded in the beauty and peace of our rural retreat center west of Portland, Oregon. First Timers’ Weekend is the perfect time to experience a little of everything Ananda offers for a discounted price.
Retreat weekend includes:
- Instruction in effective and practical meditation techniques to expand your consciousness
- Exploration of universal spiritual principles of Self Realization as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Introduction to Yogananda’s Energization Exercises which bring increased energy and vitality
- An evening activity such as kirtan, devotional chanting that opens the heart, story telling, relevant movie or other uplifting experience
- Sessions in yoga to relax and open
- Personal retreat time
- Daily Ananda Yoga classes
- An experience of a dynamic spiritual community where every day is a joyful adventure
- “Satsanga” – fellowship with truth seekers who are committed to living with higher consciousness and expanded awareness
New to Meditation?
While most of our programs are perfect for those with no prior experience, this one is especially designed to introduce newcomers to meditation and spiritual community. You’ll be amazed at the variety of things you can learn and experience in just one weekend.
Personal Instruction, Guidance and Community
Experience in-depth instruction in meditation. Morning and afternoon yoga and meditation are offered daily in addition to sessions of instruction and discussion. Explore spiritual principles that can help you improve your quality of life. Enjoy a tour of Ananda Laurelwood, spend inspiring time with friends and leaders, get to know residents and the uplifting music and stories of Ananda. Our teachers have devoted their lives to life-transforming meditation and yogic principles and will guide you from their own love of the practice and of people.
|Dates||The Center at Ananda Laurelwood||Details||Register|