Ananda Yoga is a unique and gentle style of yoga suitable for all levels and abilities.
Classical yoga asanas (postures) are integrated with affirmations, pranayama (breathwork) and meditation into a holistic spiritual practice to promote a peaceful mind and open heart and to develop awareness of subtle energy in your body. Step out of the busy flow of your daily life, relax and immerse yourself in the serene, uplifting and supportive environment of our retreat center while you invigorate your yoga practice.
Upcoming Yoga Retreat WeekendsSorry, no programs exist here.
Ananda Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Qigong and more!
All levels are welcome; instructors will offer modifications and options for beginners or those with physical limitations and encourage more experienced practitioners to go deeper, develop strength and improve alignment.
Students will enjoy guided practice for fitness and relaxation and learn some basic asana routines with experienced and gifted instructors. More focused classes are offered to enhance strength, energy, balance and relaxation. Enjoy restorative yoga, optional meditation or Qigong (chi kung) lessons, healthy and delicious vegetarian meals, and the walking trails, library, lounge and boutique at our peaceful and beautiful retreat center.
Discover the power of Yoga to heal and calm your mind.
In the quiet, tranquil atmosphere of Ananda Laurelwood, learn how to combine yoga asanas, affirmations, and pranayama with meditation to balance your energy and uplift your consciousness. All of the principal aspects of Ananda Yoga will be thoroughly explored:
- Awakening subtle energy in the body with Parmhansa Yogananda’s Energization Exercises
- Relaxing muscular and mental tensions
- Correcting body alignment in each posture
- Developing awareness of the subtle movements of breath and of prana (vital energy)
- Combining positive spiritual affirmations with asanas (postures) to uplift energy and consciousness
- Cultivating peace of mind and receptivity to higher states of awareness through meditation .
Develop a healthier body, a more positive mental outlook, a joyful heart, and an expanded awareness of the beauty of your soul and the world around you.