Check in / Check out / Room change policies:
- Check-in Time: 4 pm to 6 pm daily (or by previous agreement).
- Check-out: 11 am. Please remove all items from your room by this time.
- You have paid through lunch and may stay on the grounds until 1:30 pm.
- Please let us know in advance if you need a later check-out time.
- Guests who snore or use a CPAP machine should reserve a private room unless they are coming with a roommate who doesn’t mind.
- Guests who reserve a shared room and have to be relocated because of snoring or a CPAP machine will pay an upgrade charge for a private room.
- There is no refund for an early departure.
- If you wish to change rooms after your arrival, there will be a $15 housekeeping fee for moving you to a new room.
General Waiver of Liability:
This agreement releases Ananda Center at Laurelwood, and/or its directors, officers, staff, residents, representatives, agents and volunteers (“Laurelwood”) from all liability relating to injuries or property damage that may occur during my participation in the program for which I am registering, or at any time during the length of my stay at Laurelwood in connection with said program. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, I agree to hold Laurelwood entirely free from any liability, including financial responsibility, for injuries or property damage incurred, regardless of whether injuries or property damage are caused by negligence or other acts (whether directly connected to these activities or not, and however caused), or the condition of the premises where these activities occur (whether or not I am then participating in the activities).
I also acknowledge that participating in the program and staying at Laurelwood is not without risk, including but not limited to, property damage, physical injury or death. I swear that I am participating voluntarily, and that I do not have any conditions that will increase my likelihood of experiencing injuries while engaging in this activity. I will also make every effort to obey safety precautions as listed in writing and as explained to me verbally. I will ask for clarification when needed.
By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions I forfeit all right to bring a suit against Laurelwood for any reason. I also agree that I, my assignees, heirs, distributees, guardians, next of kin, spouse and legal representatives will not make a claim against, sue, or attach the property of Laurelwood in connection with any of the matters covered by this waiver. In consideration, I will receive permission to participate in the program for which I am registering and to stay at Laurelwood for the duration of the program
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND LAURELWOOD, AND AGREE TO IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL
Physical Activity Release and Waiver:
Any program of physical activity will involve a certain amount of strenuous exercises. For this reason we suggest to all enrollees that a pre-attendance medical examination is advisable.
In consideration of the consent of Laurelwood and any individual teachers that may participate in a program involving physical activity, said consent having been given upon my express request, I hereby assume all risk of injury or damage to my person or property during the program of physical activity, or incidental thereto, howsoever and wheresoever occurring, and however long the physical activity course may continue, and I release Laurelwood and all individual teachers from any and all claims and demands or liabilities for any injury to my person including death, or to my property in any way arising out of or incidental to my participation in, or presence during said physical activity course.
Consent to Assistance:
I hereby give my consent to the instructor(s) of any program involving physical activity at Laurelwood to adjust my bodily position during said activity. “Physical activity” may include (but is not limited to) yoga, qigong, tai chi, meditation or dance.
Please note: We never force or push anyone into a posture. However, we ask you to agree to this condition in order to touch or adjust you gently, in even the simplest way. Please consult the instructor if you have questions.
Campus Behavior Policies:
Ananda Center at Laurelwood is a retreat center and spiritual community based on yogic principals. In order to maintain our uplifting and peaceful atmosphere, we ask our guests to behave accordingly. Be respectful of other guests and residents. If you are unable or unwilling to comply with these guidelines, you may be asked to leave the campus and will not receive a refund of your lodging and/or program fees.
- Please refrain from aggressive, violent, confrontational, disruptive or other behavior that is threatening, disturbing or offensive to our guests and residents.
- The campus is alcohol, tobacco and drug free (except for prescription medicines). E-cigarettes, smokeless tobacco products and recreational marijuana use are prohibited.
- No pets, please. Service/companion/emotional support animals are allowed with prior notice and appropriate documentation. You are responsible for any damage your animal causes to our campus and may be charged for any cleaning or repairs needed.
- For the safety of all campus residents and property, no open flames are allowed in the buildings. Burning candles, incense, or fires of any kind is prohibited – indoors or outdoors – unless supervised by our staff and part of a program. A fire pit is available for campfires, with advance notice.
- Modest dress is required at all times. This includes: no revealing clothing; medium-length (or longer) shorts; cover-ups if you wear leotards/leggings (except inside yoga classes). Men must wear shirts at all times.
- Instrumental, vocal or recorded music may be played only in places, times & ways that do not impact other guests.
- Some of our guests are sensitive to fragrances – please do not use strongly-scented perfumes, essential oils, body lotions, toiletries, etc..
Staff members of Ananda Center at Laurelwood may take photographs of people while on campus and such photographs may be used for any lawful purpose such as event promotion, advertising, or web content.