Guided Silent Retreat
With Miriam Rodgers and David Seybert
November 30 - December 3, 2017
Peace and joy are the first sensations to greet you when you arrive at Ananda Laurelwood.
Deep peace is a palpable energy, making it possible to experience the joy within our beings. These retreats are designed to introduce you to a deep experience of inner peace.
Silence is recognized by many of the world’s spiritual traditions as a powerful tool to help you attain and maintain happiness in the midst of your hectic daily life.
The Guided Silent Retreat is suitable for both beginning and experienced meditators. It is based on universal spiritual principals and honors the many diverse traditions that practice meditation as a path to inner peace.
Elements of the Guided Silent Retreat include:
- Learning a simple but profound technique of meditation
- Group meditations to support your individual practice
- Gentle yoga to relax and release tension
- Qigong (chi kung) to stimulate and balance your life energy
- Personal time for reading, contemplation and journaling
- Practicing mindfulness in action – eating, walking, self-care
- Nourishing vegetarian meals
- Optional massage and spiritual counseling available by appointment
If you would like a longer stay, there’s a place on the registration form to either stay extra nights or come early for an individual retreat.
Room check-in (3:30 -6:00 pm)
Ananda Yoga (begins at 4:30 pm)
Evening meal together
Initial Gathering with guided meditation
Days 2 & 3
Walking meditation morning and afternoon
Group meditation morning, afternoon and evening
Meals in silence
Ananda Yoga & Qigong
Morning group meditation
Breakfast in silence
Group sharing & integration process
Lunch and departure