- This event has passed. View upcoming events.
First Timers’ Weekend« Back to Events
- Instruction in meditation practices
- Ananda Yoga for overcoming physical tension and mental stress
- Energization Exercises which bring increased vitality and better health
- A lesson about spirituality and Self-realization
- Superb, tasty vegetarian meals
While most of our programs are perfect for those with no prior experience, this one is especially designed to introduce newcomers to meditation, yoga, and spiritual community. You’ll be amazed at the variety of things you can learn and experience in just one weekend.
You’ll have in-depth instruction in meditation, and experience guided yoga postures. You’ll explore spiritual principles that can help you improve your quality of life. You’ll enjoy a tour of Ananda Laurelwood, get to know some of the residents, and enjoy the uplifting music and stories of Ananda.
Laurie Chadwick, RYT ®500 is the director of Ananda Yoga® of Portland, Oregon. She has taught all levels of Ananda Yoga for the past 10 years and co-developed the Ananda Yoga Teacher Training program here in Portland. She also specializes in the following classes: Restorative Yoga, Prenatal Yoga, and Extra Gentle Yoga.
View more about our Retreat Center