Imagine. Imagine a city- a beautiful city, such as a City of Tomorrow might be.
So starts the book Cities of Light by J. Donald Walters (Swami Kriyananda). Ananda exists, in part, to provide support for individuals seeking to uplift society and create cities of harmony and inspiration. The Cities of Light Residential Study Program is designed to provide the experiences and information that make that possible.
Students enroll in a renewable month-long program. The enrollment stays in effect so long as the student is actively interested in the course of study provided, engaged in the daily life and involved in positive growth towards being an active channel for uplifting the world. The program is based in the universal spiritual teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda and Swami Kriyananda. It is not necessary to have a strong outer affiliation with either of these teachers, but this program specifically focuses on their teachings, writings and practices insofar as these provide the basis for developing and maintaining uplifted spiritual communities and societies.
Students participate daily in
- Group sadhana (including Yoga Postures, Energization Exercises, Meditation, Healing Prayers, Devotional Chanting)
- Shared vegetarian meals (mostly organic and local)
- Service (including organic gardening, permaculture, sustainable construction, property management, vegetarian cooking, campus management)
- Creative activities (including inspired music, arts, theater, social media development)
- Inspirational activities
- Recreation and sports
Study materials include:
- Cities of Light
- The Art of Supportive Leadership
- The Art and Science of Raja Yoga
- Books on Permaculture and Organic Farming
- Materials by Swami Kriyananda and Paramhansa Yogananda
- Relevant materials from current activities and world issues
Email email@example.com or call 503-746-6229 for more details.