The practice of meditation and yoga has a beneficial effect on more than the physical body. Yogis also recognize the existence of a subtle energy body, which plays an important role in our mental and physical health and our spiritual development.
The most important features of the subtle energy body are the 7 energy centers (chakras) which are located in the central channel (sushumna) of the energy body.
|October 12 - 14, 2018||Awaken the Chakras||View Details||Register Now|
|February 22 - 24, 2019||Awaken the Chakras||View Details||Register Now|
|April 12 - 14, 2019||Awaken the Chakras||View Details||Register Now|
|June 21 - 23, 2019||Awaken the Chakras||View Details||Register Now|
|July 26 - 28, 2019||Awaken the Chakras||View Details||Register Now|
In this retreat*, we will:
- learn a simple yet effective meditation technique to bring awareness to the chakras
- explore the connection between the chakras and our psychological and emotional states
- use meditation, yoga asanas and pranayama to direct energy upward in the sushumna and awaken and stimulate the chakras
- become aware of how the chakras and sushumna act as a “memory bank” for our mental habits and thought patterns
- learn how to transform negative habits and thought patterns into positive spiritual qualities