We want to greet you when you arrive! If you are arriving late (after 6pm), please call 503-746-6229 to let us know. More information about guest check-in is available on our “About Your Stay” page.
(Using GPS, Apple Maps or Google Maps)
Enter the following address in your GPS or smartphone:
SW Academy Way, Gaston, OR 97119
(no address number is necessary, it only confuses the program).
At the intersection of SW Laurelwood Rd. and SW Academy Way, you will see a large white Ananda Laurelwood sign, and beneath it, arrows for Reception, Green Hill Cafe and Healing Arts (see photo).
Turn onto SW Academy Way, in between the gymnasium building on your left, and the 7th Day Adventist Church on your right. Drive up the hill until you reach a parking lot behind a large 4-story building with a green metal roof. This is Harmony Hall, where the overnight guest rooms and the Green Hill Cafe (our cafeteria) are located.
Park in any of the Guest Parking spaces and enter the building by the door to the Green Hill Cafe. Follow the signs across the Green Hill Cafe and up the stairs to Guest Check-in and Registration in the lobby upstairs.
If you use our campus mailing address (38950 SW Laurelwood Rd, Gaston OR 97119), you will be directed to Expansion Hall on SW Laurelwood Rd. That’s where our conference rooms are located, but in the evenings or on weekdays, it may be dark and empty — not very welcoming! But you’d be very close because SW Academy Way (see above) is only about 50 yds. west of that location. Simply follow it to Harmony Hall as described above where we will check you in.
Google Maps Links
From Portland International Airport Google Maps
From I5 South Google Maps
From I5 North Google Maps
From the Oregon Coast (via OR Hwy26) Google Maps
From Beaverton, OR Google Maps
Fly into Portland International Airport (PDX). Ananda Center at Laurelwood is 36 miles from the Portland Airport, approximately an hour by car. There are several transportation options from the airport:
- Hire a taxi or airport shuttle from the PDX Airport to bring you out to Laurelwood. This is an expensive option. An airport shuttle costs >$100 one-way.
- Car rentals are available at the airport. This is also an expensive option, but it does offer greater flexibility. FYI, there is a substantial local airport tax that is added to the base rental car rate for any rental car locations in the vicinity of the airport.
- Take the MAX light rail system from the airport to the Beaverton Transit Center, and then take a taxi cab from Beaverton to Laurelwood. The MAX station is just outside the baggage claim area of the airport. Turn right after coming down the escalator from the terminal, and walk all the way to the end of the baggage claim area. You will see signs for the MAX Red Line.
- Just before you exit the building, you will see an automated kiosk where you can purchase a ticket. Buy an Adult 2-hour ticket ($2.50) and board the train. The train ride is about 1 hour from the airport to the Beaverton Transit Center, which is the last stop on the Red Line.
- There isn’t a taxi stand at the Beaverton Transit Center, and there probably won’t be any taxis waiting, so you should call before you leave the airport and have the cab meet you there. All the major Portland cab companies serve the Beaverton Transit Center, including Orange Cab (503-292-5555), Broadway Cab (503-333-3333), Portland Taxi (503-256-5400) and Radio Cab (503-227-1212).
- It’s about a 35-40 min. taxi ride from Beaverton to Laurelwood, and the fare is usually from $50 to $65. The address to use for directions is SW Academy Way, Gaston, OR 97119. That’s the access road to our campus, and the driver should just follow it until it ends in a parking lot behind a 4-story building, which is Harmony Hall where the guest rooms and cafeteria are located.
- A lower-cost alternative to commercial taxis are the ride-sharing services Uber and Lyft. These are Internet-based mobile phone apps that match you up with the driver of a private car who will drive you to Laurelwood for a fee. The pros and cons of taxis vs. ride-sharing are explained in this helpful article: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/uber-lyft-ride-share-ride-hailing/
- There are also several rental car locations (Avis/Budget, Enterprise & Hertz) within walking distance (or a short cab ride) from the Beaverton Transit Center on the MAX Red Line. These locations are not subject to the airport car rental tax.
By Train or Bus
Amtrak trains and buses arrive and depart from Union Station in downtown Portland, which is served by the MAX light rail system as well. The MAX Yellow/Green Line station is just across the street from Union Station. Take the Yellow/Green train to Pioneer Courthouse Square, transfer to the MAX Red/Blue line and take it to the Beaverton Transit Center.
Bolt Bus provides service from Vancouver, BC & Seattle, WA or Eugene & Albany, OR. The Portland stop is on NW Everett St between NW Broadway and NW 8th Ave. You can catch the MAX Yellow/Green line at NW 6th Ave & NW Davis St, ride it to Pioneer Courthouse Square and transfer to the MAX Red/Blue Line, which will take you to the Beaverton Transit Center.